May has been a busy month for us, which explains my lack of blogging...sorry about that! :)
This is the first year that Mother's Day wasn't painful for me. In the past it was a bittersweet day because we were celebrating our Mom's, but it was painful because I wanted so badly to be a Mom. If you had asked me just a few short months ago, I would never have imagined to be carrying a baby inside me this year on Mother's Day. For my first Mother's Day (to be) D and I spent the day together on Saturday at Babies R Us and Target registering for things for the baby and picking out the furniture that we wanted. There were so many things that existed for babies that I never even knew about. I think we have composed a pretty good list of things and I'm sure we will do a little more shopping ourselves at the time gets closer.
This little one inside me is partying on a regular basis now. She is most active in the morning, but sometimes she surprises me. Last night we went to a dance recital for my friend's two daughters and it was the first time that I had been around louder music in my pregnancy. I have determined that my baby wants to be a dancer because she was moving like crazy during the whole recital. I think that was the most active I had felt her this far.
Overall I have been feeling pretty good, I just didn't get quite as much energy back as I expected to in the second trimester. On the days that it is warmer out I have had some problems with swelling in my ankles, but that was something that was common for me even before I was pregnant. I just try to make sure that I am staying plenty hydrated and watching my salt. My blood pressure has been pretty good to this point, and I am hoping it continues to stay that way!
This past week I got some disappointing news. I found out that two of the three doctors in my practice I go to will be leaving at the end of July. I know find myself trying to figure out if I should find a new doctor all together, or just wait it out and see what comes in the form of a replacement for these doctors. I will be about 32 weeks by the time that they leave and I would rather have things taken care of by then. Unfortunately there really aren't any other doctors that I like at the hospital I was planning on delivering at, which means if I switch doctors, I would also be switching hospitals. Good times! I'm sure I will figure something out.
D has been working on a lot of projects around the house lately and our plan is to start the nursery next weekend. We have a pretty good idea of what we would like to do, it is just a matter now of picking out paint colors for the room. I will be sure to post some pictures when we are doing the room.
Other than that, I am just trying to enjoy this time as it is going way to fast! I can't believe in less than 4 months the baby will be here. I have a feeling the summer is going to be a long one for me, but that is what air conditioning is for right?? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment