I can't believe how fast time is going! I only have a few weeks left in the second trimester and then it will be on to the third. We went to Springboro on Monday Tuesday evening and had an elective ultrasound done. The first thing we saw is that she is definitely a girl! I can now feel more confident about buying pink and purple! We got to see a little bit of 3d/4d and it was so surreal to see her little face. She is moving a lot these days. I used to feel her move primarily in the mornings, but now it is pretty regular all day long. On Thursday evening I noticed my belly "moving" for the first time and D was finally able to feel her kicking which made his day!
Friday I had my 6 month check up at the doctor's office. I was down another pound and a half, so I am now under my starting weight and have actually lost weight since initially becoming pregnant. The baby is measuring right now track, so that is the important thing! At my visit her heart rate was 144 and my blood pressure is still looking good. I had my one hour glucose tolerance test done and should hopefully have the results at the beginning of the week. I am really hoping for good news on this test.
This past week I've started having more "growing pains". The doctor let me know that it is just my body preparing for when she will be born. Friday I had a lot of lower back pain on my right side. Either the baby was lying on my sciatic nerve or I had just sat the wrong way for a period of time, but I was up almost all night Friday night. I couldn't get comfortable at all and was really having a lot of pain. Finally about 4 a.m. on Saturday morning I was able to get some sleep for a few hours. I've also been having a lot of pain in my wrists and hands, so I am going to get some hand braces that I can wear during the day to help alleviate the pain.
Saturday D and I headed to Babies R Us to order our furniture. It feels good to have some of the bigger items purchased. It should hopefully be in, in a few weeks, but we really won't be ready for it until D finishes the flooring in the nursery the first weekend in July. This week he painted the nursery and I will try to post some pictures later if I remember.
I go back to the doctor again on June 20th, and we will have another elective ultrasound on June 27th, other than that my plan is just to try to keep cool this Summer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment