Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One trimester down...


I have finally arrived at the second trimester, and I have to say that I am somewhat relieved.  I spoke to one of the girls that works at the doctor's office today and told her that I just couldn't stop worrying....she said I probably never will. :)

Overall, a good appointment today. My weight was still unchanged, blood pressure was good, all that fun stuff....  I had to wait a little while for my ultrasound and was starting to grow a little impatient, but it was worth the wait.  I am measuring just a little over 14 weeks, but nothing too different from the original calculations.  The doctor said that the heartbeat was good, but I forgot to ask what it was.  He said that the baby was growing on track from where he thought it should be.  I did have to ask him to explain to me what we were looking at a few times, the last time I saw the baby it just looked like a blob.  It is amazing how much can change in a few weeks!  Today I was able to recognize the head and body, and even seen some little legs! 

Everyday it soaks in a little more that there is a life growing inside of me.  I had a friend last week that mentioned that I didn't really seem "happy" or "excited".  I do have to say that the initial shock and excitement has worn off a little, because for the first few days after I found out, I was literally shaking.  I am at a point now that I am happy, but I'm still a worry wart.  I just want to do everything in my power to make sure that this baby and I stay healthy as long as possible.

No comments: