"Sometimes", said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
Sunday, March 13, 2011
12 Week Visit and Update
We hit the 12 week mark on Wednesday and had our 12 week visit Friday. Overall, our visit was pretty uneventful, which is how I have been told it is supposed to be. :) It started with my typical giving a urine sample, weight etc and then the MA used to Doppler to try to find the heartbeat. I was a little worried about this as I have been using a Doppler at home and not had any success. She tried high and low, and no heartbeat...I started to panic. She tried to reassure me that sometimes you can't hear it at 12 weeks and not to worry. Next the doctor came in, and said "Let's give this one more try"...low and behold a few seconds later I could hear the fast little thumping of our baby's heart. I said, "is that it?", he said "if you're heart rate is 157, we are in trouble" David made the comment that we would have to go to the other end of the hospital to the ER, and the doctor joked that "he didn't work on hearts". :) So a good visit, he said all of my initial blood work came back fine with the exception of the cystic fibrosis, which we already knew about. I go back again on the 23rd for another ultrasound, and can't wait! Hope everyone has a good week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment