Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sneaky

So I over the weekend I had realized that I was a little late getting my period, which isn't uncommon for me. I had mentioned something to D about taking a test because it usually is negative, and I start the next day. D told me not to take a test because if it was negative I would be bummed out, so I didn't do it...that day. 

Monday evening D had a meeting, and I was cleaning house. I still hadn't started and I knew I had a couple tests in the drawer. I figured I would take the test, then I could take the trash out before he got home from the meeting.  I did the test, then went on about doing other stuff around the house. I came back a while later to take out  the trash and this is what I saw...
I was home by myself, and I started to freak out. I was shaking, I've never had a positive pregnancy test in my life.  I called D to see when he was going to be home, and he stated that he was on his way. He asked what was wrong because he could tell my the tone of my voice. I stated that I had taken a test, he said "OK", I said, "It says pregnant" on it.  D then said "Don't mess with me woman!". I asked him why I would joke about that. He said that he would be home shortly to see the results. I was concerned because the test had expired 11/2010 and didn't know if it could really affect the results or not. D went to Wally World for me and got more tests because I had planned to retest in the morning.  All night I kept having dreams that I took another test and it said "not pregnant", needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night.


No comments: