So I got up Tuesday morning and took another test to double check my results. Sure enough, still said "pregnant". I was still in total shock. I had an appointment with my family doctor that morning so I figured I would start there.
I got to the appointment and I was shaking because I was still so excited. The nurse was taking my bp (which was the reason for the appointment), and I told her it might be high because I had just found out I was expecting. She took it and said it was actually good at 122/66. The whole office was excited for me, as they knew how long we had been trying for a family. I actually thought at one point my doctor might cry. He went ahead and checked over my medicines, and switched anything that might be a danger and told me to follow up with my OB. I called their office, and was able to get in two days later on Thursday.
Next it was time to start telling close family/friends. I told D that so many people had been my IF journey with me, and I wanted to give them good news for a change. I know that many may think it is too early to be sharing, but these people have been through all the ups and downs with me and they have all supported me and loved me regardless of what the outcome.
The most sensitive part of all of this was sharing my news with my friends who have also fought IF. I NEVER in a million years expected to be the one telling them I was pregnant. I wanted them to hear it from me, and not by world of mouth. I knew exactly what it felt like to have someone tell you that they were expecting, when you had tried so hard yourself to become pregnant. I didn't want to hurt anyone, if anything I wanted to give them hope. Everyone was has been amazingly supportive, but I could tell that it tugged on the heart strings of a few, and that was really hard for me.
At this point we decided that we would take things one day at a time, and hope for the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment