Thursday, June 3, 2010

To My Friend

As I sit here thinking about our conversation we had, I can't help but thinking of how insensitive I must sound. You want someone to listen, someone to understand, someone to help you deal with this pain you are dealing with.  I should be that person to help you, but I can't because I still hurt too.  I understand the pain you feel, it is all to real to me.  I want to tell you that things will get better, things will get easier, but I can't tell you that. The fact is, it's not easier, it stll hurts, and I don't want you to have to go through this too.  I just don't understand why we were chosen to go through this. Haven't we been through enough already?? People say that we are never given more than we can handle, but have they walked a mile in our shoes? Have they gone through what we have gone through?  They don't know what it's like to have the one thing that seems so natural and normal seem so impossible;to see the people that have children that throw them in the garbage, hurt them, deny them of the love that you and I are so willing to give a child. It's not fair, and I'm not sure I will ever be able to understand.  All I can say is that I love you, and I will try to do whatever I can to help make it hurt a little less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Trisha. I love you! I'm sorry that I always call you when I get news about this stuff, it is really insensitive of me.. I just feel like you are the only person I have that I can complain to! It's bull shit! We have been through so damn much and why is this happening to us????? Grrr!! It just makes me want to scream!