Saturday, May 9, 2009

March for Babies

We had told Katie and Brian a while back that we would like to walk in the March of Dimes with them this weekend. Little did we know that this was going to be a very emotional day for us. Of course the day before I had found out that I wasn't pregnant this month. We got to the walk and it was just a sea of babies. As I was waslking up to get signed in, I could feel the lump in my throat and was trying to choke back the tears. To see all of these families with their "miracles" was that much more of a reminder of what I didn't have. You saw the people walking with their children who were little peanuts and had now grown into healthy little toddlers. You saw the people with their children who were obviously still struggling to stay healthy, and you saw the parents with the shirts who were walking for the babies that they had lost. At that point in time, I got to thinking that I don't know which is worse, to have never loved my own baby, or to have a baby and lose them. I can't even begin to imagine what those families are going through, but I wonder if many of them started in the same place that I am now.

I am glad that I did the walk and that I have a healthy niece and nephew. I am thankful every day that I have them in my life.

No comments: