K's birthday came and went and seems like a blur now. We had great weather and a really good turnout of friends and family that attended. Since it was her first birthday, we opted for a larger party and tried to include everyone but it ended up being stressful so we will likely choose the more "fun" route in the future. K got lots of nice things and did really well with her cake smash and overall, I think she enjoyed herself and had fun with the other kids.
K grows a little more into a little girl every day and less of a baby which is really bittersweet for me as I still am not 100% sure if more children are in a future or not. I just feel like we went through so much to have her that I just want to enjoy every minute with her that I possibly can. I guess only time will tell.
In the past few months, K has had her first haircut, taken her first steps, stopped taking a bottle, started taking a sippy cup, taken her first swimming class, and moved on the table foods. The haircut went amazingly well! She actually needs to go back in for another trim soon! The bottle transition went wonderfully! I was really concerned about how she would do, but there was no issue at all. Table foods took a little while. At first she gagged on anything, but now she does pretty well. Her biggest difficulty is when she is what Daddy calls "chubby bunny" and sticks too much food in her mouth at one time. =)
So for now I will leave you with an abundance of new pictures and the promise to be a better blogger, not for my sake, but for K so that she can look back some day and see what she was doing at this stage in her life.






No comments:
Post a Comment