Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year, New Me??????

So here it is, New Year's Eve again. Everyone is talking about resolutions and hoping that the next year will be better than the last. I can honestly say that I am one of those people this year. Every year I make resolutions, and usually by the end of January I have broken them.

This year I started early. As most people now I am on this journey that many of us call weight loss. For the most part, 2009 was a very successful year for me for losing weight. I weigh about 60 pounds less than I did last year at this time, and I do feel a lot better, but it's just not enough. I have slipped, fallen off the wagon, whatever you would like to call it, but I definitely have not quit! Far to many times I have been the quitter, and it is like people just wait to see how long I will last. This time, I am proving them wrong, I AM going to do this! I knew that I had screwed up with my plan during the holidays, and I didn't really find that it was necessary for me to wait until January 1st to make things right again. I tried to start over again on Monday, but it didn't come as easily as it had in the past, but I am proud to say that as of yesterday, I am 100% back on plan. I know, big whoop, almost 2 whole days, but I have to celebrate the small victories!

Everyone says that they don't have my kind of motivation, that it is just too hard; but I used to be one of those people too. I sometimes wonder what changed, how did I become the person that is the fighter, and the one that wants others to be successful with their weight loss too?? It is my desire to be a mother that keeps me focused, keeps me driven, keeps me fighting this battle every single second of the day to be a healthier person.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2010 and that you push yourself a little harder to achieve the goals that you want for yourself!! You can do it and you are worth it!

~Trisha

No comments: