Monday, August 4, 2008

Where did the weekend go?



I can't believe the weekend is over already! If only those five days during the work week went as fast as the two on the weekend.

Had a pretty uneventful weekend for the most part. Friday night, we had a visitor (Eli) who kept us very entertained. Not that he wasn't fun to hang out with when he was a baby, but he is definitley developing his own little personality! I thought he was going to wind down and go to sleep a little after 9, but boy was I wrong! He was sitting there very quietly for about 10 minutes, and then out of the blue he got the giggles. It was a vicious cycle, he would laugh, and I would laugh, and it just kept going. I was in tears from laughing so hard by the time it was all over. He is such a great little guy, I feel very blessed to have him in my life!


Saturday came, and we pretty much worked around the house all day. David finished the sidewalks and the steps on the front porch and they look very nice. Hopefully the projects will be coming to an end shortly so we can enjoy the last couple of weeks of summer. Saturday evening, Brian and Katie invited us over for dinner. It was very yummy, but you know how it is, it is always nice when someone else cooks!

Sunday we tried to spend some time together just hanging out before David left for school today. I'm never ready for him to leave, but I know that it is something that he has to do. Hopefully time goes fast while he is gone. We had a picnic at the park in Covington yesterday for David's family because his cousin Nathan and his family were in from Rhode Island. It wasn't too bad of a time, but I really didn't want to be there and had a couple of akward moments. The first of which is when David's grandma asked me if she had done something to upset me or offend me because I wasn't talking to her very much, but I was talking to my mother in law alot. I didn't know that I had specific people that I was to talk to more?? The thing with Grandma, is that she is a nice lady, but she just doesn't really seem to understand out lives sometimes. Linda said that I should just let what Grandma says go in one ear and out the other.



The next lovely moment came when Nathan was trying to make small talk with me. I thought that I could make it through the day with out having the "baby" conversation, but I guess I wasn't that lucky. We talked about work, the house, etc... and then I could tell it was coming...the dreaded question. He said, so you have the marriage, the house, um, what is supposed to come next????? I just tried to blow him off and acted like I didn't know what he was talking about, and his defense, he isn't around, so he doesn't know what the status is of the situation, but I just tried to change the subject for fear of what I might say. Yes, we know you are all waiting on us to have babies, we are more than ready! We know what you are supposed to do to make it happen, unfortunatly not matter how much we try, or the tips and tricks that are given, we still don't have a baby. We even have had the lovely experience of having David's sperm injected directly into me through a catheter....all at the bargain price of $400 for 5 minutes of the doctor's time...and you guessed it..still no baby! Sorry I am done now, just needed to get that off of my chest instead of carrying it around all week!



Time to head off to work. Hope everyone has a good week, and Katie, I think we should order that cake for our case of the "Mondays"!

No comments: