Sunday, February 26, 2012

5 Month Update-Growing like a weed!!

I can't believe I am posting K's 5 month update and that her 6 month is just around the corner!  When they say that time flies when you're having fun, they were serious!

January was a busy month for us, it was mainly good, but we did have a few bumps in the road.  K had her first cold and that was no fun.  It's  hard not to be the overprotective Mom that worries about every little symptom, but when your baby is sick you can't help it.  There wasn't much that we could do for the cold-just vicks baby rub, vapor baths, and K's worst enemy-having her nose cleaned out!  We also ended up doing some sitter switching.  I can say there just gets to a point when you have to do what you feel is best for your family and not someone else's.

Now onto the fun stuff!

Clothes-We are currently still in 3-6 months and it seems to be fitting pretty well.  I keep trying to work her into getting used to wearing headbands, but she doesn't care for them too much. :)  I love to buy clothes for K. It is definitely my weakness.

Feedings-K is taking 5.5 ounces about every 3 hours now.  We are still doing only formula, as that is what the doctor has instructed us to do.

Sleep-K is officially sleeping in her crib now!  It was a much harder transition on me then it was on her, but it needed to happen.  I would cough and wake her up and she would cough and wake me up.  It was just time for it to happen.  Luckily she is just right across the hall!
Activities/Toys-K got her dog Violet for Christmas from Grandma and she loves it!  We use it a lot at night to play lullabies when she goes to sleep.  She also really seems to be enjoying her exersaucer that we got her for Christmas.  She can't quite reach the bottom yet, but I'm sure she will be there in no time!



Firsts-K rolled from back to belly!  Sadly I was not the first to get to see it, but I know that I will not be able to see everything as it happens.  I'm just glad that she is growing and achieving these milestones!








Okay, I know this was a short and sweet one, but K will be 6 months soon and I promise to do better! :)

1 comment:

The Barker's said...

She is beautiful, Trisha!! She is growing so fast and before you know it, her first year will be here! *tear*