So I just looked back and I have done a horrible job at blogging lately. When we haven't been doing stuff around the house to get ready for Baby E, I have been sleeping. I keep waiting for this "burst of energy" everyone keeps telling me is coming, but so far no luck.
Since my last post, I have been having weekly appointments with the doctor, and weekly non-stress tests since I had hypertension prior to my pregnancy. My appointments have all went well for the most part. My group B strep test came back negative so that is one less thing to worry about. The majority of my non-stress tests have been uneventful except for when the little monkey falls asleep and they are not able to get the kick counts that they want. Usually after a big glass of apple juice, she is ready to party and we are done with the test! At this point, I am still down about 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, which I can't complain about. My blood pressure has been good until my last visit, it was elevated when I went on Thursday. The doctor said that we would watch it over the next week and if it was still elevated when I go back, that we would be looking at getting induced. I have been checking my blood pressure at home daily, and the numbers have been better so I don't think I have anything to worry about.
I had an ultrasound on 8/22 and they said that everything still looked good with the baby. They were estimating that she weighs around 6 pounds 14 ounces which was a bit of a shocker to me! I'm curious once she is born to see how accurate the measurements were on the ultrasounds.
I have been starting to have braxton hicks contractions on a daily basis now. There hasn't been any regularity to them, but they are definitely more frequent then in the past. I was joking with the girls I work with the other day about my belly being hard and said that this is the only time in my life that I will have rock hard abs! :)
I am down to 30 hours a week at work now. I was trying to hold out as long as I could, but sitting all day long has become really painful for me. By the end of the day it is all I can do to walk sometimes.
Overall, I think we are as ready as we are going to be at this point. Every day I get a little more nervous...nervous about labor, nervous about being a Mom, just nervous in general I guess. I try not to worry about it too much, but that is not in my character. I have and always will be a worry wart. It's one of the things that I wish I could change about myself. D is a natural, he doesn't seem like he ever worries at all. I know he will be a good Dad to our little girl just by the way he is when he talks to my belly now.
Okay, this is all I have for the time being. I will try to post another update Friday after my next appointment. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment