Sunday, April 26, 2009

Now the wait begins....

TTC Pictures, Images and PhotosWe went yesterday morning for our IUI. We had to be at the lab at 10:00 for David's appointment first. I went back with David this time while he collected his "sample". The lady took us back to the room with the usual plastic covered couch, and high quality reading materials and videos, and asked us if we had any questions, after we told her now, she said, please lock the door! LOL I'm not sure what she thought we were going to do in there, but it gave me a little bit of a chuckle.

In between appointments we had over an hour to kill so we went and did a little shopping at the mall behind the office. I really wanted to go and check out the Motherhood Maternity store, but didn't want to jinx myself so we went to Lane Bryant and Old Navy instead. Then we went back to the lab to pick up our specimen and headed for the doctor's office.

While we were in the waiting area, I was reading the results from David's specimen. Pre-wash it said his count was 110 million, and post was 375 million with a motility of 95%. The doctor told him that he got an A+ for the day and I told him he had some super swimmers, so hopefully at least one of them can find their way! I had the insemination done then he asked me to rest for about 10 minutes before we left.

So from this point, we just see what happens and wait.... The doctor said if there is no luck this time, we can try to shots and IUI one more time before discussing IVF. He again brought up the issue of IVF and my weight, but we will just wait and see what happens!

It will be a few weeks before we know anything so I will try to keep posting. Wish us luck!
TTC Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: