Monday, September 22, 2008

All it takes is one.....

So we had another appointment in Cincinnati today, and needless to say, it really didn't go how I had hoped it would. First off, the traffic was pretty crappy going down there, and we got there about 4 minutes for our appointment. The MA took me back to take some blood today, and said that she was doing an Estrogen level.

Next, I went into the ultrasound room and waited for the doctor. He came in I told him that the shots had been going well, and then we started the ultrasound. He said that on my right ovary I had 4-5 follicles that were around an 11 or 12. The like them to be around 20 when they release them for insemination, so those were looking good at this stage in the game. Then he moved on to the left side, which I had been having pain on since yesterday afternoon and he said that I only had one on the left side and it was measuring 32!

So he said at this point, he doesn't want to waste the one mature follicle that I had so just wanted me to take the shot tonight and try things the old fashioned way this time and skip the insemination. I guess I don't really understand why we don't just wait a couple more days for the other follicles to grow, but that wasn't his plan. He said all it takes in one, and I understand that, but I didn't go to this guy for help, take out a loan for medication, and drive all the way to Cincinnati to "try it the old-fashioned way".

I am just so frustrated right now! I went out to the front desk to check out, and the nurse asked if I needed to schedule an appointment, and I said no, she looked in my chart and said, "we need to schedule your IUI". I told her that we weren't going to be doing that and she apologized and was very nice, and asked what was going on. She said that she could tell that I was upset, and I told her that yes, I was upset. She offered to get the doctor so I could talk to him, but by this point in time I was starting to cry, so I didn't want to talk to the doctor again. She tried to reassure me, that the doctor knew what he was doing and that I should give it a chance.

So I came home tonight and gave myself tonight and gave myself my trigger shot to release the egg. So now it is just a waiting game again to see if that one egg fertilizes or not. I guess if it does that it truly would be a miracle, but I have to say that I just don't feel very confident about it now. I am trying to have faith, but it sure is hard after the day I have had.



I will post if there are any new developments.....

1 comment:

CHERYL said...

Hey~ Sorry to hear of your "old fashioned way" response from the doctors. I am praying for you guys that you get your miracle with that one egg!!! Many blessings and lots of Baby Dust to you guys!!