Monday, March 17, 2008

Mixed Emotions

So, I went to lunch with one of my friends on Saturday. It was nice because I hadn't seen her since Christmas. I filled her in on the new happenings with us and how things had been going, and let her know about the new doctor that we would be going to. She stayed positive for us and said that she knew that things were going to happen for us soon. She then went on to say "I guess I should let you know now that I am going to have a baby!" I am very excited for her and knew that she and here husband were going to start trying. I asked her when her baby was due and she said that she was already 16 weeks along and due in August. She said she knew when she saw me at Christmas...The thing is I am excited for my friends when I find out that they are going to have babies, but this is the second time that someone has gone half way through their pregnancy before telling me. They use the excuse that they know that we have been trying and didn't want to upset me. It bothers me that people don't think that I can be happy for them. Just because I haven't been able to have a baby of my own yet does not mean that I can't celebrate with my friends! It really hurts that people feel this way and don't think that I can share their happieness with them. Ok, rant over...I just needed to get it off my chest.

To all my friends...please don't keep me in the dark, we are friends for a reason, to stick with each other through the good times and bad. If you don't think that I could be happy for you, then what kind of friend would I really be?

1 comment:

Real Me said...

Oh Trisha, I so glad you have not given up hope! Nothing anyone can say or do can make you feel better but I believe The Lord allows things to happen like this for His Glory. If you have given Him your burden and have faith he will answer your prayer He will. I have total, complete faith. I have not been thru the situation you are facing but I have been in situations that appear from a worldly stand point, hopeless, but with God on my side I know otherwise. It will be a glorious day when you have surpassed this trial. You might say I have no idea
how you are feeling, which may be true but I do know how the Lord works and HE CAN. It is in His timing and not ours. We just have to trust and be faithful it will happen,while not being able to wrap our minds around the reasons why God allows good and bad things to happen and trying to remember everything that happens is for HIS GLORY! I hope you are encouraged for that is my only intent! God bless, Amanda Palsgrove